What or Who do I Look for?
Use our Online Library Catalog here: https://loyolahsburns.follettdestiny.com/common/welcome.jsp?context=saas15_0402998
1. While there are some books on a cart for your class in the library, there may be more on the shelves depending upon the topic or concentration you decide upon. We have reference books as well as books that may be checked out. Remember, you are looking at the late 19th century and turn of the 20th century. Other terms we use to describe this era are "Gilded Age," "Progressive Era," "Industrial Revolution," etc.
2. Look in the indexes of general books, to find a more narrow topic.
3. If you have trouble finding books in our library, you should also try your local public library or one of the four university libraries that allow borrowing privileges to our AP/Honors students. If you are in any AP or Honors class, you qualify--please ask us how to get access to these libraries. Listed below are web addresses of the major public library systems in our area.
You can check the online catalog for books in the main and branch libraries as well as use their free databases with your library card number.
This is the page for online databases for LA County Library. On the home page, you will also find the catalog search in the upper left corner.
Look for the catalog and other services.
Look for catalog and databases.
1. The database passwords can be found by logging into Cubview, go to Burns Library http://cubview.loyolahs.edu/class/398
2. Then click on the Database Passwords File on the left frame. You must be logged into Cubview with your correct, LHS email account in order to download the file.
3. Search the databases for historical background regarding US History.