Last Updated: May 14, 2013
1. The database passwords can be found by logging into Cubview, go to Burns Library http://cubview.loyolahs.edu/class/398
2. Then click on the Database Passwords File on the left frame. You must be logged into Cubview with your correct, LHS email account in order to download the file.
3. Search the databases for historical background regarding US History.
1. After you log-in, click on the Picture advertising Beta Search.
2. Click on Advanced search and check the box for "only content I can access."
3. Try typing this or any other search queries:
In first search field: "civil rights" AND "united states"
IT IS BEST TO ALREADY HAVE YOUR TOPIC AND KEYWORDS CHOSEN WHEN USING JSTOR.
Go to "Student Research Center"
1. On the left frame "Search by Topic"
Click on History.
2. Click the box "Modern US History" and type in the search line, above:
"1960s United States"
3. Then try any of your own search phrases
- Salem Histroy E-book: Decades...Sixties in America
Access this e-book for 3-volumes worth of 1960s U.S. history. A print version of this is available in the library in the Reference section.