Hannon Information Commons @Burns Library
- · Monday – Thursday: 7 am – 7 pm
- · Friday & Early Dismiss: 7 am – 4 pm
- · Holiday Weekends & Vacations: Day before a holiday or vacation, closed after-school
- · Exam days: Individual studying and quiet is enforced for the benefit of all students.
- · Fiction and nonfiction books are loaned for two weeks.
- · To check out a book, go to one of the two Circulation desks (see p.5 map) with your I.D. card.
- · You may renew a book for two weeks whether the book is with you or not.
- · Reference books are not loaned out except by the discretion of the librarian.
- · Reserve books are put aside at the request of a teacher for classes and are used only in the library.
- · Reserve books, magazines and newspapers are not checked out.
- · 25c per day for Fiction and Nonfiction books; and 50c for Reference books.
- · Students are responsible for returning or renewing their own books, no reminders will be sent.
- · If your books are one week overdue, your name may be reported to the Dean.
Collaborative Work Rooms:
- · Five conference rooms are available to students for tutoring or assigned collaborative work.
- These rooms are not for casual use they are meant for actual group projects.
- Please ask to sign up for a room.
- · Each room is equipped with Apple TV for group projects, NOT recreational use.
Computers and Photo Copier:
- · A photo copier is available for use.
- · 18 “Thin Client” workstations (Windows) are available in our lab for academic use only.
- · Computer policy: Loyola’s Computer Usage Policy is strictly enforced (see Parent/Student Handbook).
- · Computer Cart: Chromebooks and iPads are available for in-library use only.
- · To use one of these devices, please give your I.D. to a library staff member.
- · The library is NOT responsible for late class-work due to printer or computer problems.
- We will not give you a note to explain tardiness to class, so don’t ask for one.
- · We do not supply/sell text books, office supplies, testing materials, paper, pens, pencils, etc.
Student Conduct Expectations:
- · Please, do not move chairs from private study carrels or from any table.
- The space was designed with purpose and areas for individual study and groups.
- If you are sitting in a chair that is not at its original place, you will be asked to move it back.
- · Disrespectful behavior toward others and the library is not tolerated and will be reported to the Dean.
- · Please converse QUIETLY; students who are repeatedly asked to quiet down will be instructed to leave.
- · Please silence cell phones, laptops and audio devices before you enter the library.
- If your use of any such device causes a disturbance, the device may be confiscated and sent to the Dean.
- · Please help us keep the library clean and free from pests. Food and drink are prohibited.